Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Calling All Brand New Vegans...

Nugan: (n.) A newly converted vegan.

I was a 8 year omnivore, a 17 year pescatarian and I'm now 2 months vegan. This could be a blog about all the reasons why I went vegan but it won't be. I'll keep it simple and predominantly about what I think is most important when it comes to solving problems, moving on. In a nutshell, I believe that there's many things that our money and actions affect that we don't take any responsibility for. So long as I have the ability to survive with out harming others, I will consciously make that effort. In the future, if my unborn children decide in their adult lives that they can justify eating animal products, at least they will completely understand the consequences.

All that being said, it isn't easy to reverse 25 years of non vegan eating habits. There are plenty of foods that I miss terribly. 

This is my mission to find alternatives that I think will help myself and others transition from unconscious consumption to fully conscious consumption. There's plenty of blogs about why we should be vegan but way more confusion on what we can use to replace the products that we once loved.

Follow along for tips, tricks, brand reviews and slip-ups.

(And by slip-ups, I mean things like unknowingly buying veggie bacon from MorningStar and assuming that it's vegan. ...Because unfortunately, it's not.)


No comments:

Post a Comment